Our client is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! They reinvented customer service, and brought real 5G to the nation, and now they are shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Your work will be exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow and make big things happen.
The Accounting Manager is an individual contributor role within the Controller’s group in one of our operational accounting teams that focus on Revenue, Device Supply Chain, Fixed Assets and Leases, or Corporate Accounting. This role is responsible for overseeing and participating in the accounting close process, driving process improvements, and supporting various business initiatives as an accounting expert. This position collaborates with business partners across the enterprise, such as FP&A, Marketing, Procurement, HR, Legal, Business Operations, Technology, as well as Accounting Policy and External Reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in operational and/or technical accounting (e.g., ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, ASC 842 Leases, etc.), possess excellent critical thinking skills, and have a record of successfully implementing process improvements and adapting to changing business needs.
Our client offices a flexible work environment with three days in the office and two days’ work from home.
Opportunity to execute and improve in the following areas:
- Participate in the monthly financial close process, including preparation and/or review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and explained in variance analysis
- Utilize accounting, system and business knowledge to act as an SME for area of responsibility
- Plan and design effective accounting processes, identify and document gaps in current processes, recommend innovative solutions, and implement best practices
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements to ensure proper application in the company’s close and financial reporting process
- Support the SOX control program
- Support quarterly and annual financial audits performed by internal and external auditors
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives
Knowledge, Education, and Skills needed to be successful:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Public accounting or public company experience
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Communications, technology, or retail industry experience
- Possess a strong understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, accounting systems, and internal controls
- Demonstrated ability to make fact-based decisions and recommendations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities while meeting set deadlines for team deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of organization and cross-functional business partners
- Experience in successful partnership and negotiations with systems teams in delivering system solutions and reporting enhancements
- Experience with ERP systems and related reporting tools (e.g., SAP, Blackline)
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, sum if, v-lookup, etc.)
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g., PowerBil, SQL, Alteryx)
Our client doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! They love helping their employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives their business and their culture forward.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how they do business and will not be tolerated.
For more information on this opportunity, please call Greg Baugh at 913-948-9791 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org