Our client is looking for a knowledge-driven professional who has a strong foundation in finance and can apply those skills in the evaluation of unique real estate investments. This person should have tangible experience in financial modeling and the ability to communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization including senior management. The company invests in and rewards its employees with competitive pay and a generous bonus and benefits plan. If you are looking for a challenge and want to join a winning team, please reach out to us today.
OPPORTUNITY AT A GLANCE
Partner with leadership in researching, identifying, structuring, underwriting, and presenting real estate investments to the Investment Committee and Board of Trustees. Support leadership and asset management group with portfolio monitoring through periodic corporate credit analysis on existing tenants, and dispositions as needed.
Opportunity to execute and improve in the following areas:
Perform independent research to inform strategy and decision making
- Utilize available tools (CapitalIQ, SNL, ArcGIS/ESRI, Bloomberg, bankers/brokers, internet, internal models, and templates)
- Build and update internal databases on various asset types
- Gather and refresh market pricing data
- Conduct sub-segment and industry-specific research
- Build integrated, flexible, & accurate models to analyze industries and investments
- Summarize and synthesize research into thoughtful strategy recommendations
Lead or assist underwriting and due diligence of investments to ensure they create shareholder value. Key workflows include:
- Information Gathering & Management Interviews
- Site/market visits
- Fundamental financial and credit analysis
- Real estate analysis and project forecasting
- Forming an investment thesis and making a recommendation
- Develop presentations for decision-makers including the Investment Committee & Board of Trustees
- Communicate professionally with internal team members and external partners
- Perform other transaction due diligence and underwriting tasks as necessary
- Evaluate, through initial analysis, the viability of potential investments and make recommendations on pricing and terms.
- Complete periodic Corporate Credit analysis of existing tenants to assist Asset Management and Leadership with portfolio monitoring and decision making
- Ad-hoc analysis and support for potential dispositions or re-investment projects
Knowledge, Education, and Skills needed to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related field (MBA a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions in a time-constrained environment
- 2-4 years of experience performing essential functions professionally
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to visit potential or existing investments
- Preference towards the pursuit of a Graduate Degree or relevant certification (CFA, CCIM, or similar)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.
Our client actively promotes a diverse work environment and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply for this position.