Credit and Collections Specialist
An established Kansas City construction supply company is looking to expand its team by hiring a Credit and Collections Specialist. This company has a 75-year history and has built a reputation for going above and beyond in serving its customers. When you work with this company, you’ll find that it’s a place you’ll want to stay as you’ll be working in a pleasant and cooperative environment with leaders that are open-minded, humble and that greatly value your varying skill sets.
You will be responsible for verifying the credit worthiness of customers and potential buyers. Performs routine credit and accounting duties, compiles data, and maintains records of credit transactions. With a focus on customer services, you’ll make proactive calls to bring past due accounts to current status. If you are a problem-solver and are an expert in improving and establishing processes, this might be the place for you.
Opportunity to execute and improve in the following areas:
- Responsible for investigating and verifying the financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications.
- Establish credit limitations on customer accounts.
- Review collections reports to ascertain the status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate the effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning “bad debt” status to the account.
- Coordinate with others, including employees in company branches and credit card companies, to exchange information and update controls.
- Upholds the company credit policy.
- Direct the collection effort for the Millwork Division
- Verify all lien waivers for accuracy, and if appropriate sign them, then return to the initiating customer. Compile the documents required to file liens as necessary.
- Develops and implements essential credit reports necessary to ensure maximum sales/collection effort.
- Investigate cases where appropriate. Communicate disputes to the manager.
- Determine what should be tied off and initiate check requests for credit balances when requested.
- Create and maintain credit department files. Perform system report maintenance, print, and distribute A/R reports, including aging reports to sales
Knowledge, Education, and Skills needed to be successful:
- A four-year college degree is a plus but not required,
- 2 or more years in a commercial collections environment
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as a computer, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Confidence and tenacity to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Needs the capability to anticipate work needs
- Can be friendly and professional in their interactions with customers
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.
Our client actively promotes a diverse work environment and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply for this position.
For more information on this opportunity, please call Greg Baugh at 913-948-9791 or email at email@example.com