Our client is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! They reinvented customer service, and brought real 5G to the nation, and now they are shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Your work will be exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow and make big things happen.
The Senior Accountant is an individual contributor role within the Controller’s group in one of the operational accounting teams that focus on Revenue, Device Supply Chain, Fixed Assets and Leases, or Corporate Accounting. This role is responsible for participating in the accounting close process, identifying opportunities for process improvements, collaborating with managers and other team members to implement solutions, and supporting various business initiatives as needed. This position collaborates with peers and managers across the accounting organization as well as key business partners.
Our client offers a flexible work environment with three days in the office and two days work from home.
Opportunity to execute and improve in the following areas:
- Participate in the monthly financial close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and performing variance analysis. May perform first-level review of deliverables prepared by others.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and explained in variance analysis.
- Identify and communicate issues or areas for process improvements, drive towards resolution, and help implement best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements to ensure proper application in the company’s close and financial reporting process.
- Support the SOX control program.
- Support quarterly and annual financial audits performed by internal and external auditors.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives.
Knowledge, Education, and Skills needed to be successful:
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance.
- Public accounting or public company experience.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant.
- Communications, technology, or retail industry experience.
- Possess a strong understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, accounting systems, and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to make fact-based decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities while meeting set deadlines for team deliverables.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of organization and cross-functional business partners.
- Experience with ERP systems and related reporting tools (e.g., SAP, Blackline).
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, sum if, v-lookup, etc.).
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g., PowerBI, SQL, Alteryx).
Our client doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! They love helping their employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives their business and their culture forward.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how they do business and will not be tolerated.
For more information on this opportunity, please call Greg Baugh at 913-948-9791 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org