A leader in warehouse automation and materials handling integration has engaged GSB Search
Associates to identify a Corporate Controller for their growing business. The opportunity can be in
either the Kansas City or Nashville metro area. This is an opportunity to enhance the current process
and procedures and reporting environment and continue to develop a world-class accounting
department to support rapid growth. The Corporate Controller must have strong technical GAAP
accounting skills as well as strong operational accounting skills with significant exposure and experience
in project accounting.
This opportunity reports to the CFO who is a proven leader and is committed to the development of the
accounting and finance team. The management team boasts top industry veterans who are excited
about the prospects of both organic growth and growth through strategic acquisitions. Are you ready
for an exciting opportunity with an organization that is positioned for dynamic growth? If you answer
yes, then we would like to learn how you can apply your technical, operational, and analytical
accounting skills in support of the next chapter of this organization’s growth story.
Opportunity to Make a Difference
You will have the opportunity to execute and improve in the following areas:
- Support Project Managers with project financial data and ensure proper cost coding within the
- Provide technical accounting support for revenue recognition, accruals, expense recognition,
and capital vs. expense decision-making.
- Maintain robust controls and compliance environment for the organization. Responsible for
corporate internal controls and compliance, including income statement and balance sheet
reporting, fixed assets, inventory, journal entries, and overall controllership.
- Support and complete annual reviews and/or financial audits.
- Monthly and other recurring reporting, including month-end spend reporting and analysis,
variance analysis, forecasting, budget to actual analysis, and metric tracking and reporting.
- Partner with departmental leadership to drive financial discipline and budget achievement
across departments. Ad hoc reporting and measuring the financial benefit of activities.
- Annual operating plan – support the CFO with project-related data needed for the annual plan.
Partner with other department leaders to ensure that their needs are captured in the annual
- Monthly forecasting process for revenue, expenses, and cash flow. Ad hoc forecasting and
reporting as needed.
- Percentage of Completion Accounting for Projects and Contract Review and Performance Monitoring.
- Assist in risk identification, quantification, and mitigation for the portfolio of projects.
- Monthly Management Reporting both internal and external.
- Lead a team that is performing accounts receivable, accounts payable, and technical accounting requirements.
What We Are Looking For
Education and experience typically found in the person who can perform at a high level in this
position would include:
- Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Accounting and Finance
- Public accounting experience and a CPA designation are a plus
- Experience in Sage Intacct ERP system is a plus
- Experience or significant exposure with Percent of Completion Accounting often found in
construction, engineering consulting, or other project-based environments.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel
- Ability to understand System Integration projects and business activities with a view broader
than just the finance function
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and communicate financial data
to non-financial personnel
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Process-oriented, proactively questions current practices and drives improvements
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized, learn new tasks quickly, define process
improvements, and strive for success
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and driving transformational processes
This opportunity offers competitive compensation, a generous holiday and benefits package, and
a collaborative working environment that rewards people with a strong commitment to success and an
appetite for challenges.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally
Our client actively promotes a diverse work environment and encourages minorities, women, and
veterans to apply for this position.
For more information on this opportunity, please call Greg Baugh at 913-948-9791 or email at email@example.com