Are you looking to be a part of an organization that has a purpose and makes a significant impact within its community? Our client has been experiencing dynamic growth over the past few years and is looking for a strong manager to lead the accounting function in a growth environment. This organization believes that every team member is critical to its mission of providing superior healthcare to the community. Are you ready to join this winning team?
Opportunity at a Glance
This is a hands-on working manager opportunity who is responsible for the general ledger and the financial reporting of the organization. Work independently with the full support of the director of finance and lead the accounting team in the areas of accounts payable and accounts receivables. Also, take ownership of the biweekly payroll and maintain fixed assets.
Opportunity to execute and improve in the following areas:
- Responsible for Accounting Department operations, management of Accounting staff, providing guidance, direction, and support to the team.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Monthly closing of General Ledger, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, control and validation of data input into the accounting system, ensuring transactions are classified according to accounting policy, and performing complex GL account reconciliations.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset schedules including tracking and reconciliation of multiple renovation projects in Construction in Progress.
- Processing bi-weekly payroll, including reviewing system generated payroll reports for errors and discrepancies, researching and responding to employee inquiries regarding payroll and time and attendance records.
- Provide backup assistance for Accounts Payable and Cash Posting duties as needed and provide continued opportunities for staff cross-training.
- Supports Finance Director with various projects as needed, such as Audits, Medicare Cost Reports, and various Hospital Surveys.
- Builds and maintains professional working relationships with Department Heads and assists with answering accounting-related questions, providing documentation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education, and Skills Needed to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting (preferred), Business Administration, Finance, or similar.
- 5 years of experience in Accounting operations required, any combination: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Audit, Financial Reporting, Medicare Cost Report & DSH, etc.
- 2 years of prior supervisory experience is required, and 5 years of experience is preferred.
- Healthcare Industry experience preferred; Critical Access Hospital experience strongly preferred.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead a team with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain attention to detail and accuracy, complete projects by deadlines, and communicate progress.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled.
Our Client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on this opportunity, please call Greg Baugh at 913-948-9791 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org